Σελίδες

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Reporto

As a child I remember myself dreaming of travels to the most distant parts of the world. Growing up, nothing seemed that this dream could become reality. However, I knew that this , one way or another would happen. Maybe because the… "Never is too late for anything", is an attitude for me.   Since travels were limited and always in line with my job leave, the only travel left was the mental journey. The National Geographic magazine adorn at least four double shelves in my library since the collection was started by the first issue was released in Greece until today. I traveled with them in remote places of the world; I have met specific cultures and have seen very close the biggest, smallest, strangest animals ... How far you can travel by dreaming...

 Over the years, another great love was growing slowly but steadily. My love for the sea. From summer to summer and weekend to weekend, the sea came to be almost unique destination, solid escape from routine. It was the place where I could reach the closest point to my real self. Near the sea I become a better person. Near the sea I can see everything more optimistic. Near the sea I can create. Near the sea I dream like nowhere else...

 “Conspiring universe”. This is the only way I can explain how my life has changed so drastically and now I can travel often and getting know what all those years I was dreaming of, through the sea routes. Traveling is no longer just a holiday but part of my daily life. A beautiful daily round full of all the shades of blue ocean and sky, smelling the sea and almost tasting the salt.

 These travels are not tourist ones. Besides, I never consider myself as a tourist. I didn’t want just to visit different places. I wanted to see the world, to see different things, neighborhoods, people, cultures, habits, commonness ... Of course it is also interesting to visit popular places, to get a picture with them and learn firsthand their history. Personally, I’m more interested in the diversity of what we already know. What I mean is, if someone visits Greece, can see some of the most beautiful places on the planet. Our islands, our archaeological sites, our history and our cities. Who would not be thrilled by a walk in Plaka, a performance at the Herodion or move around in Thisio and get on a wonderful ramble to the Acropolis? Who can deny that if you visited Greek islands like Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes will be filled with images that will remember all his life?

 But that's not all. Honestly, living in Greece in the 21st century, what a tourist sees does not representing correctly the original picture of the country.
The same of course applies to all countries in the world. There are always places for tourists and somewhere hidden behind them is the commonness of people, which, personally, I find much more interesting...

 In these few years of traveling, I have filled with videos and photos many hard drives and countless memory cards. I knew at some point I would like to talk about all of them. This is my archive, and I consider it as granted.
 From now on, with my camera on hand, we will travel all together.

Bon Voyage  

No comments:

Post a Comment